Figuring out you’re locked out of your home or vehicle is anything but pleasant. Thankfully, there is always a locksmith you can call. In fact, there are tens of thousands of locksmiths operating across the U.S.
What many people don’t realize though, is that locksmiths do more than just make key copies and get people back into their vehicles when they’ve locked their keys in the trunk.
This guide will tell you what you can contact a locksmith about.
How a Locksmith Can Assist You
While some locksmiths don’t offer all of the below services, this will at least give you a general idea of what a locksmith can potentially assist you with.
Residential Locksmith Services
Whether you own a home or you’re renting, there is how a locksmith can assist you:
- Emergency Lockouts: Get back into your home when you’ve misplaced your keys.
- Lock Repairs & Replacements. Repair or replace outdated or broken locks.
- Replace Lost or Broken Keys. Make key copies or repair/replace damaged keys.
- Security & Camera Systems. Install alarm and CCTV systems in and around your home for added security.
- Deadbolts & Window Locks. Increase the security of entrance points with the help of deadbolts and window locks.
- Mailbox Locks. Install, repair, or replace mailbox locks to keep documents safe.
- Safes. Repair and open locked safes or change the combination.
Vehicle Locksmith Services
If you own a vehicle or motorcycle, this is what a locksmith can assist you with:
- Emergency Lockouts. Get back into your vehicle when you’ve misplaced your keys. This includes trunk lockouts and unlocking gas caps.
- Broken or Jammed Keys. Remove jammed keys or keys that have broken off in the ignition.
- Key Copies and Replacements. Create a duplicate key or transponder or replace a lost key.
- Door Replacement. Repair or replace the door of your vehicle.
Commercial Locksmith Services
As a business or building owner, this is what a locksmith can assist you with:
- Security & Camera Systems. Install alarm and CCTV systems in and around your commercial space for added security.
- Lock Repairs & Replacements. Repair or replace broken locks or convert outdated locks to digital access systems.
- Master Key Systems. Install a master key system for greater control.
What Locksmiths Can’t Assist With
When it comes to locks, keys, and general security, there is very little that a locksmith can’t assist with.
The only time that a locksmith wouldn’t be able to assist you is in situations where proof of residence is required. Before any locksmith can let you into a building, home, or safe, they need to see proof of residence. This protects home and business owners from opportunistic criminals.
For all of your residential, vehicle, and commercial locksmith requirements in South Beach, contact us on 305-692-0234.